Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tug of Heart

Last night I was watching a show that really touched me and made me think! I was watching the teennick HALO awards. It's an award show that showcases 4 teens who are making a difference in this world. They use to the word HALO as representation for Helping and Leading Others. Now when you think of a teennick show you really don't think of seeing something like this. I wasn't so much amazed at the fact that teennick had a show like this, but I was amazed at the teens on the show!

They started out with a girl, about 18, who started beauty pagents for girls with special needs or disabilities. Next, was a young man, about 17, who was originally from Haiti and through facebook and twitter helped locate and help people who were involved in the terrible earthquake. Then, they had another young man, about 18, who went to Ghona with a program group and seen that they were selling children as slaves. He wanted to change that and he now raises money for an organization against human trafficing. It's a passion of his. Finally, they had another young lady, about 19, who was in the foster care sytem since she was 12. She was an emotional wreck and thought that it was her fault because of where she was. She joined a group in the foster care system that changed her life. She then knew that she wanted others to know about this group because it helped her so much. A year after she has been out of the foster care system she is the PRESIDENT of that same group that helped her.

You're probably thinking where is she going with this? This is my tug of heart..if they can do it why can't we? We are young, Holy Ghost filled, Pentecostal youth! We can make a difference in this world if we only let it become our PASSION! We need to show this world the love of Jesus! Last night when I was watching this I caught myself crying and thinking "God why can't we have that passion?". The only problem is..we CAN have this passion but we sit on it. If we would get a love for souls, caring for others, and a passion for the kingdom we can change our world! It doesn't take much!

If you want some ways to help, go through your canned goods. If you find out there's stuff in there you never use or never will use, bag it up and give it to a homeless shelter. Help an old lady carry groceries. Shovel your neighbors sidewalk without them having to ask. Make blankets for a homeless or womens shelter. Put some change in the salvation army can. These things may not seem big but one random act of kindness can show this world that we are different! If we can reach people and show them that we care, then we can show them Jesus. If we are selfish and nasty to people their not going to want to get to know us. Their not going to want to hear us out about how AWESOME Jesus really is. In Matthew 25 it says: 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

   40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
   41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
   44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
   45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

God sees all that we do. Even the little things that we don't think matter He sees and recognizes.

We are NEVER to young to make a difference! The world around you isn't going to change if your not willing to step up and change it. We used to have a slogan "World Changers", lets not let that only be a slogan but let it be the story of this generation. Let this generation be World Changers. Be the change you want to see in this world. We as Pentecostals have a call to reach this world. By reaching this world we can change this world. The last chapter in the book of Matthew tells us to go out into ALL the world.

So, what are we waiting for? God has done so much for us and changed our lives so much, its now time for us to pass it on and show others a God who can change them.

Becca

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Love this and it is the best way to look at life and reach out!

    ReplyDelete